Saturday, May 05, 2007

May 05/07, Saturday

'Twas an activity filled day. Drove Sister Ma. Rachel , RVM superintendent (Northern Mindanao) to Midway Airport (on the southwest side of Chicago, Illinois ) for San Fran then to the Philippines.

After the hugs and goodbyes, she left. Her departure was at 10 am. At least, she left a heart in Chicago.

Dropped Rico, her hermano by 59th st. train station. Viring, my sister and I proceeded to 3826 Wesley st. at village of Cicero via Pershing Road for a home care-giving job. Then I was by myself on the '2000 firethorn red SUV Chevy Blazer. I hit 1-55 (Ronald Regan Expressway) and exited to Cass Ave at Darien, Illinois . I met my wife, Eve at Our Lady of Peace Church where a close nurse friend of hers was given a funeral mass. Found old friends and recapped past memories. Back home by 3:30 pm. Tired but rejuvenated fanned by the breeze of comforting chit-chats on bygone moments.

A beginning and an ending. The cycle of existence. Knowledge of life. Survival. Accumulation of wealth, of money, of wisdom . And fading away into oblivion with a hopeful note of life eternal.

"We only meet on moments like this," quipped a friend. Indeed, he hit the nail by the head as in this fast-paced land of "milk and honey" time is precious.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine ...
you are precious in My eyes, and honored, and I love you." - Isaiah 43:1,4.

*********************************************
As an enthusiast and member of The Christophers, I found this Three Ideals worth printing:

1. EVERYONE HAS A GOD-GIVEN MISSION. You have a job to do in this world that only you can do. A healthy sense of self is directly related to knowing your mission in life.

11. ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Your efforts might seem insignificant to you but they may be all that is needed to overcome great evil. Take courage and follow your heart.

111. POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE ACTION WORKS MIRACLES. Complaining can be a waste of precious time and energy. Be positive. "Its better to light one candle than to curse the darkness." - Father John Catoir, Director of the Christophers.

No comments: