Saturday, July 17, 2010

On a Friday afternoon by the Park


On a hot summer afternoon
by the park sitting on a bench
I met Kahn of Pakistan alone.

A man of fourscore years and kind
nipping his life with Marlboro,
politely asked me if I don't mind.

Smoke curls out of four sections
happily, children play and grow
sans the formal introductions.

Bereft of suspicion and strife;
innocence, acceptance, and love
surfaced in the playground of life,

that everybody's music resounds
in any park or stage of life;
and camaraderie abounds.

The mind creates noble ideas;
let the heart speaks of unity,
mercy,compassion,forgiveness.

When the heart speaks; the mind listens
making this world a paradise
rancor will vanish, justice glistens.

My outlook of this high-tech globe
on that afternoon by the park
led me to renew, to get involved.

Yonder on a bench two lovers
enjoy the moment like a lark
and the vision of life hovers.

No comments: