Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Addendum on Hospitality

I grew up in a country where hospitality echoes in the air. We trust everybody. We love to be visited by somebody we don't know. Even in our humbleness and country homeliness we still have the heart to dress a chicken, prepare a meal for the hungry, and a drink made up of a native concoction to quench a thirst.

When I went to college away from my place of birth, I encountered friendly people from all walks of life. There was that reciprocal intent of being accommodating. During my time, I am always welcome by strangers as I always welcome them. I was in a diverse world so to speak, far from my parents, no cell phones, no phone calls rarely a land transportation, mostly on water. And all I have was a prayer injected in my cranium by  Catholic school education and of being hospitable to anyone.

No comments: