Friday, October 30, 2009

Oct.31/09 - Saturday

"Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young." - Paul McCartney.

The person is right. At this point in my life, I could detect the truth to this statement. It seems that daily visits to the computer add feathers to the wings of imagination and like an eagle soars to unforeseen heights.

Back in my bachelor days in my birthland, I used to be with friends and we let our thoughts scamper and flurry in the fields of dreams. And as we stare at the starry sky, we feel that we are in distant land.

It is free to dream. It is a good to dream.
-0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

Today, after the ICC ( Inheritance Communications Corporation) meeting I attended I went to a Filipino store with a restaurant and a bakery. The cold autumn weather led me to the restroom to pee. When I came out I saw a couple on a table. They were done eating. The friendly wife stood up and was palm reading on a man in a 3-piece attire. I thought he was a manager, sales rep but later when we were engaged in a conversation, the truth surfaced that he is a minister of one of the Christian denominations. As our conversations went on , we touched on the delicate topic of religion.the range of topic was seemingly Bible quotations. Obviously, he was a Bible-believing Christian. He was not minding the 10 commandments but was focusing on only the Two - love God above all things and your neighbor as yourself.

As he was dishing out more on religion, I left the restaurant as I have an errand to do. I bought a coconut milk in a can to be mixed with sweet rice for the All Soul's Day celebration.

No comments: