Monday, June 19, 2023

The Tennis Court

 The Memory of a Town Fiesta

I was dancing with Evangeline 
On that Labason tennis court
 When I whispered to her, "Are you fine"?
 "And the school days are they worth "?

A scenario of the high school days
When you were always fast ahead
All because of your studying ways
And you always have the books to read.

You were a friend of the school's Sister
 I was a friend of the parish priest
Then there was this Cursillo offer
To be a member and not a guest.

Things happened in Dipolog city
When I met my co-educator
I bought a motor Kawasaki
A Fishery school needs a teacher.

A public school is what I wanted
Teaching English plus a good salary
The good Lord now has my wish granted
The next move is someone to marry.

My guiding star is always by me
To illuminate my darkest hour
And all because of my love for Thee
My Lord your holy, mighty power.








No comments: