Sunday, August 19, 2018

Miracle or what?

On the Miracle of the Lord of Pardon

The whole world is a series of miracles... but we're so used to them; we call them ordinary things. (Hans Christian Andersen)

A miracle to my own understanding is a phenomenon that is unusual, or beyond everyday happening. Life is a miracle by itself because among many competitors, I came out triumphant. Of course, with the help and guidance of an Unseen Power. Like a plant growing in the forest. I was exposed to the vicissitudes of the elements of nature. Reaching maturity and beyond the bonus, age was by itself a miracle.

The travel from the village, to the town, and to the city is also a miracle being that there were no roads for motor vehicles so that travel was normally by walking on dusty roads, through a horse or carabao (water buffalo) or by water transportations. And to be invited to enroll in a school on the largest island of the country was also unusual to a farm boy.  However, the twist and turn of life were tricky and my young mind dreamed of the impossible. Then the travel from the East to the West by air, in another country, a distant world, a different environment, a sophisticated lifestyle.

One night while at Project 6, Quezon City before I went to sleep, I found a thin rectangular small prayer book with the picture of Jesus Christ, and the first page was the picture of Jesus nailed on the cross with this inscription, Miracles Of Our Lord Of Pardon. As I flipped the next page I saw the Ten Commandments and The Chief Commandments of the Church.

Thus started my devotion to the Miracles of the Lord of Pardon. I have to say this prayer every night or sleep was a stranger. This devotion served as a sleeping pill. This is the  prayer:

" My Lord Jesus Christ, remember that I am a sinner, Most Holy Virgin, pray for me. You shall always be praised and blessed. Pray for this sinner to your beloved Son, precious Beauty of the Angels ( more praises for Mother Mary, I just shortened it).....Mother of the living God, because you have delivered Him, pray for all of us sinners, so that He may pardon us, save us from the wicked enemy that is fighting us, and grant us eternal glory. Blessed be forever the Sacred Passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen "
Then I have to recite 15 Our Fathers and Hail Marys in honor of His 5,455 wounds. I pray this every night before I go to sleep. I have been faithfully doing this devotion since that time when I found that thin rectangular booklet and I always have that in my wallet which serves as a weapon in face of danger. It serves the purpose and the miraculous effect is still intact.

I believed in the power of the Lord of Pardon. And later, in my life, I came across the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy which is the 3 O'clock Prayer devotion.

Every 3 o'clock either PM or AM I have to say this: "You died Jesus, but the source of life flowed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mercy, cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us." " O Blood and Water which flowed out from the heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!" " Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world." (3x). Amen. Jesus King of Mercy we trust in You! Jesus, I trust in You.                                                 

And we know that we all have an end. However, we all will be with the good God that created us. This by itself is a miracle to reckon with. Please have FAITH!

No comments: