Thursday, October 11, 2012

Backyard Garden

Backyard Garden

I want you dear to understand
That spring is here to greet us,
Then we remember our birthland.
We must enjoy and there's no rush.

You love the smooth fur of Niky;
The smell of lemongrass flower
And the tender purr of Kitty
Make you think of an April shower.

Watch the basil and rosemary
Growing in our backyard garden.
Peppers and  eggplants are ready;
Red tomatoes and onion green.

As if everything that exists -
The color, the smell, the sunset.
In your memory, it persists;
The more luminous they can get.

Sailboats dot the saline waters;
Nasty weather streams the forecast;
While the link that never falters
Is our love that will always last.

Don't even bother to call my name
If you think it's worth the while that
All the righteous things you've to claim
Be carried by the tide of wrath.

Remember my dear that you are
Loved and I will say it again -
You are mine in peace and in war;
We have nothing to lose but gain.

But if perchance each hour, each day
The compass of your endearment
Points inwardly to me then say:
"Truly love, this is what we meant."

Always remember, I am here!
Even if my thoughts are frozen;
Benumbed my senses when you utter:
"To each other, we're beholden."

(N.B.)  In a fluke of circumstance, Gloria Key, the assiduous and compassionate leader of the Society of the Beloved Disciple devotion, requested me to do The Praises of the Divine Mercy ( by Sister Faustina)  on the virtual daily 8:00 PM prayer (of the Society's Prayer Group), which is the first day of the novena of The Divine Mercy Devotion.  
" I WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW MY INFINITE MERCY. I WANT TO GIVE UNIMAGINABLE GRACES TO THOSE WHO TRUST MY MERCY."
(The Love of God is the Flower - Mercy is the Fruit) 
"Let the doubting Souls read these Considerations on the Divine Mercy and become Trusting." This is found in The Divine Mercy Devotion pamphlet.
Friday, April 2, 2021, begins the novena on the Divine Mercy Devotion to end on the Divine Mercy Sunday - April 11, 2021.  (Greg In Trabanca)

No comments: