Thursday, November 05, 2009

10/04/09-Wed

Drove Fr.Peter de Mello to the Women's Center at Cicero Ave, south of Foster Ave for a 12:00 noon Mass.We arrived on time. At least 15 people attended; 5 men including the priest. A solemn mass that begun with this prayer: O sweet Jesus, Prisoner of Love in the Most Blessed Sacrament,I adore You profoundly. as I prepare to take part in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, I wish to participate in your redemptive suffering like Simon of Cyrenne, who helped you carry your cross and like your Mother, and the beloved disciple, who suffered silently at the foot of that cross. Most of all give me the heart of the good thief, who realized that he deserved the suffering he was receiving and you did not. Like him, I beg your mercy and implore, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

The communion was of the pre-Vatican II format. I knelt and received the host through the mouth not in the palm of my hand.

After the priest concluded the Mass and the response heard, the priest faced the crucifix at the altar,knelt and said this prayer together with the congregation:

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Your face I humbly kneel; and with burning soul pray and beseech You to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of Faith, Hope and Charity; true contrition for my sins and a firm purpose of amendment; while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Your five wounds, pondering upon them within me: I call to mind the words which David Your prophet said to You,my Jesus, " They have pierced My hands and My feet, they have numbered all my bones."
Then the Prayer to St. Michael:

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. Restrain him O God, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the divine power, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits, who roam about the world seeking the ruins of soul, Amen.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us ( said 3 times )
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us
St Joseph, pray for us
St Jude, pray for us.

After maybe a couple of confessions, Fr. de Mello and I left to go back to St. Timothy Rectory at Washtenaw Ave.

No comments: