Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday. Feb. 4, 2007.

What is the greatest source of hope in your life?

Let us pray...

Merciful Lord, you are our hope, our strength. In the cold winter of our life, we ask thy loving heart to be with us through our discouragement, our unbelief. Because in you alone we find complete assurance. Amen.

Despite the manifestation of success, I felt the sensation of a failure. There is that gnawing feeling of insecurity because I was not born like one of them. Then discouragement enveloped my whole being. I felt trapped with no way out. In short, doubt has taken control of me.

I turned to devotional prayer, to Holy Mass , to motivational books, the Bible, to meditation & being alone thinking of nothing but God and his amazing goodness, to being alone in a harbor or shore watching the waves, or by the the window gazing at the beauty of God's painting on the park.

It's a long, winding, rough , dirt road to discovery. And to say the least, I found it in the sanctum of my being. In the beauty of my attitude.

No comments: