Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Two Poems

12/26/06
Longing for a Meaning


Melancholy crept in as I gazed
at the hedges surrounding
the garden of my past. I saw
myself, a mere speck of anonymity,
longing for a greater meaning
in this crazy world.

Suddenly...

My eyes welled with tears
and the moon of December wryly smiled.
I was swept into the vortex of poetic verses
and vaunted love songs. Yesterdays' memories
commenced to carve out hollow cavities
compelling me to untangle the
doubts about my existence.

I ambled over to find a spot at the table
so I could have a gulp of turmeric,
black pepper and honey.

****************************
 (12/02/06)

In My world

You stalked into my world like a phantom arrow
targetting straight through the eyes of my soul
in the coldness of a wintry night
so cold it penetrates in the very essence

of my loneliness.

I love you like a poem of an unknown poet
like the mystery of an enchanted mountain
like the gold is hidden in the savage forest

I love you because you came to me
and you are you.

No comments: