Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Rediscover Self-1

 The Background

I just came back to my birthplace as my mother passed away. I was alone with a small luggage. Cebu was my last international stopover. I came from Chicago's O'hare, U.S.A., then Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea to Cebu International Airport, Philippines. 

I boarded a plane from Cebu, the Queen City of the South, for Dipolog City's Airport. On the plane, a guy with, a glittering diamond ring, on his left finger, a bracelet on his left hand, and, an expensive-looking watch on his right hand approached me with a friendly smile and asked me my name? I politely answered and he was happy yet surprised. I was looking for this guy and wanted to meet him personally. Still, he was out of circulation as I  heard and read things about him ( and it quickly etched in my mind maybe because of the Zamboanga del Norte Press and Radio Club membership, (was it essential or controversial?).

I was inspired to write this as at this point in life, who else could have the audacity to journal this as Fr. Leoncio Santiago said on the June 24 ( The nativity of St. John, the Baptist- San Juan sa Pilipinas) picnic at Labagh Woods, in preparation for the coming yearly celebration of the Sto. Ninio de Agosto of which he is the Spiritual Director. Fr. Santiago said, that our members of 15 Sto. Ninio groups were mostly seniors of the Baby Boomer Generation, who were winding down in our gaits, and motions but we must be thankful for the gift and His blessings. 






No comments: